Many years ago I put together a set of five alternate colour schemes for the PeopleSoft PIA. The intention was that clients could use a colour for each environment, for example, DEV could be Red, TST could be brown, UAT could be green, SIT could be purple etc.
This is how the environments could look:
Points to note:
- Installation or switching between schemes takes less than 5 minutes per environment, but does require a PIA bounce.
- I provided five schemes as it is assumed that DMO would stay with the vanilla colour scheme, and Production would be styled according to your company’s corporate colours.
- The colour choices are deliberately varying shades of the same colour. Although more attractive schemes could be designed using multiple hues I decided that describing the environments would then be much harder. It’s much easier to say “the red environment” than “the taupe and lilac environment” etc.
- These schemes will not work for the new ‘Swan’ UI in Tools 8.5x. If you’re using the classic style with 8.5x you maybe OK but I haven’t tested it.
- Some delivered images are altered, but that is the only upgrade implication.
This project has only been tested in Tools 8.4x and PeopleSoft HR.
The usual caveats apply … you install at your own risk, by downloading you agree not to attempt to profit from our work, no liability for loss or damages is given or inferred etc.
- Download the Zip file containing the projects from here (extract the contents using 7zip or similar).
- Using App Designer, import the project SC_COLOURS. This loads the Style sheets for all of the colour schemes into PeopleSoft.
- Within the PIA, navigate to:
PeopleTools > Utilities > Administration > PeopleTools Options
- Change the ‘Style Sheet Name’ field to PSSTYLEDEF_xyz, where ‘xyz’ is one of RED/GREEN/PURPLE/CYAN/BROWN.
- Navigate to:
PeopleTools > Portal > Portal Utilities > System Options
- Change the ‘Style Sheet Name’ field to EOPP_SCSTYLEDEF_xyz, where ‘xyz’ is one of RED/GREEN/PURPLE/CYAN/BROWN.
- Using App Designer, import the project SC_IMAGES from the folder corresponding to the colour graphics you want to load. This loads the images for the single colour scheme you want into PeopleSoft.
- Bounce the PIA and clear the cache. You may also have to clear your local browser cache.